Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 at a Glance


First I have to say that I kinda hate to see 2009 go. It was a great year for me with only one exception. My 17 year old cousin passed away from diabetes. He was a great kid and it was really hard. His death did bring awareness to how much of a major problem diabetes really is. We walked in the Step Out Walk for American Diabetes Association and raised over $4,000. Here is a pic of him.


Now to the great parts of 2009. In February I got engaged to my long time boyfriend of 6 years. We had already started saving for our wedding prior to being engaged but I had no idea when it would happen. He said it wasnt gonna be on Valentines Day so I wasnt expecting it at all. It was great.
 

So of course we started diligently planning our wedding and then during the summer we decided that since our lease was up at our apartment it was time to buy a house. So we started looking and decided to have one built. The process started and then on Sept. 23 we moved in.



So hats off to 2009 and I'm looking forward to what 2010 brings me and my future husband.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails