Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wedding Frustration

OK I really just need to vent! I have 3 months to go until wedding day and I have to say I'm ready for it to be OVER with already! For the most part I have enjoyed planning our wedding and even though Ive done most of it by myself I havent been too overwhelmed. The only thing that keeps upsetting me is talk about people getting invited or not invited.

IM SORRY but I cant afford to invite everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had to make a lot of sacrifices on my end of not inviting some friends of mine and yet there are some people in our family who feel like they can invite whoever they want. First of all this should not still be going on!!!!!!!!!!!! We made our guest list in the first few months we got engaged and now all of a sudden some family members want to invite their friends. HELLO but its my wedding NOT yours!!!!!!!!!! I hate telling people no which is part of my problem but I just wish people would be more considerate. If Ive told you OVER & OVER again that ive had to tell some of my friends they cant be invited why would you insist of me inviting yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look I wish I had all the money in the world to spend on my wedding and anyone who wanted to come could but unfortunately we dont! You didnt know this person a year ago when we made our list and now because youve known them for past couple of months you want us to invite them. ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!!

OK im done ranting and if anyone else is having or has had this problem in the past PLEASE let me know how you got through it.

4 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw, I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Some people can be very inconsiderate! I haven't had to deal with that...yet! I have dealt with some girls telling my fiance they hope I ask them to be in our wedding party. Um what? lol

Anonymous said...

Here's my take on it, for what it is worth. If you are footing the bill, then ALL and I do mean ALL decisions regarding your wedding are completely, totally, 100% your decisions to make, especially the guest list. Even is someone else is paying a small portion of something for the wedding, it still doesn't give them the right to be adding on to the guest list. I know it is easier said than done, but I would politely tell who ever is requesting guests be added that you determined your budget when you started planning and unfortunately it won't accommodate any more guests. However, if they really want to have their guests invited, then they can pay for them at $40 per person (or whatever the cost is you estimate per guest). That will probably shut them up rather quickly. Good luck and I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. Outsiders always seem to bring so much stress into weddings.

Mrs. Lopez said...

Thanks girls! It is hard especially since its family but I have to just deal with it.

Valerie said...

I had this EXACT thing happen to me. I had friends get upset they weren't invited and then family members decided they would bring guests or would invite people they felt should come. I also had a hard time saying no. I was, like you, so irritated at the audacity of some people.

Just remember it's YOUR wedding day. It's all about you and your husband. No one else. You're the one footing the bill so you have the last say.

Good luck girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails