Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Promotion



So I have been at my current job for a little over a year and a half and today I received my second promotion!!!! When I first started at Communities In Schools Houston I was hired to be sort of a go to person. Any time anyone in the Development department needed help with anything I was there to help. I didnt really have a lot of tasks that were my own.

Then after being there for close to six months, I was writing the articles for our internal and external newsletters on a regular basis and was the social media liason. Then our department decided to restructure and decided they needed a database/Raisers Edge person. This person would be responsible for entering all of our gifts into our system, producing and mailing thank you letters and updating the system when necessary. I was asked if I wanted this position and to continue doing the smaller tasks I was already handling. I took and have been doing that for a while now.

Our Communications Coordinator decided to take some time and teach abroad in Chile for a year. Her last day is the beginning of Feb and I have been asked to take her position. I was very pleased and excited as this position is more of what I got my degree in! I will be learning more of the ins and outs in the next month like vendors contacts and that sort of thing and will be focusing on becoming more confident.

I am ready for this challenge and hope to bring something new to the table and work hard at doing the best I can!

2 comments:

chelsea said...

Congrats!! You'll be great at your new job!

Alissa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today, yours is super cute. Congrats on the job promotion that's awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails