Friday, January 8, 2010

In Memory of My Dad

With my wedding a little over 3 months away, I have been thinking about my dad a lot. Next month will be four years that he passed away and this month would have been his 48th bday. See my dad a serious drug problem which I found out about when I was just 10 years old. He had his good and bad days. My dad was really really smart but just got mixed up in all that stuff.

We were really close growing up for the most part, when he wasn't in jail. I was always known to him as his first born and I know I really made him proud by doing something with my life. I am fortunate that Joey and I dated three years before my dad died so he got to spend some time with Joey and very much approved.

So now that hes not here to be able to walk me down the aisle, I wanted to do something or have something in memory of him at the wedding. At first I was gonna have a memorial candle and then I found a bouquet charm that I can put a picture in and place on my wedding bouqet. I thought this was perfect because it would be like he was with me when I walk down the aisle.

This is the pic that I chose to put in it.




















I miss you deepely dad and wish you could be here on my BIG day!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

How incredibly sweet Heather. This made me cry. What a very special way to honor your Dad.

chelsea said...

What a great way to remember your day on your big day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails