Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Makeup Trial

Last night I had my makeup trial. My wonderful cousin and Matron of Honor was able to get one of her friends to do all of my girls and my makeup for the wedding day. She is even driving to one of my bridesmaids house who lives down the street from the venue to make it easier on us since we are all coming from different places. And the best part is she's only charging $20 per girl.

She did a fabulous job on me. First I have to say that my face is going through something right now at the worst possible time and so i'm doing everything I can to get it better. As for those that don't know I just found out in January that I have Rosacea. Rosacea is a chronic skin condition involving inflammation of the cheeks, nose, chin, forehead, or eyelids. It may appear as redness, prominent spider-like blood vessels, swelling, or skin eruptions similar to acne. For me it appears as redness pretty much all over my face. There is no known cure for rosacea. The goal is to identify and avoid possible triggers, and thus reduce flare-ups. Antibiotics taken by mouth (such as tetracycline, minocycline, or doxycycline) or applied to the skin (such as metronidazole) may control skin eruptions.


When I went to the dermatologist in January to try to help the problem before the wedding I was put on an antibiotic and given certain creams for my face. When I went back in February, it hadn't gotten any better so I was told to stay on the antibiotic and given another face cream to try. Since I've started this in January, my face has gotten sooooooo dry and even though I put moisturizer on before I put my makeup on it always cracks. So I have stopped taking all of my medicine in hopes that it will help.

So this weekend my goal is to get a facial which ive never had before b/c i have sensitive skin to try to see if it will help. I am also going to get Clinique's Moisture Surge and try to find a good foundation for dry skin. Hopefully taking these steps will help.

So with all that said here is the final product of my makeup trial from last night. Again I am going with a more natural look. My coloring that day will consists of pinks. I will be changing the eyeliner from a black to a gray slate color and a little less blush.









4 comments:

My Life in Purple said...

Ooooh, so pretty in pink! :)

Carrie said...

You look great! I hope the facial and moisturizer help you out with your dry skin. I had a problem with breakouts before my wedding. I had a couple pimples earlier in the week, but you couldn't see them with the help of my make-up artist. ;)

Juliana said...

Heather, you look amazing. You are going to look amazing and your big day is going to be everything you could have ever wanted! I am just so happy for you and I do not even know you!

Shayla said...

okay honestly i cant tell you have rosacea from those pictures

you look lovely!!!!

you will be a BEAUTIFUL bride :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails