Monday, March 8, 2010

Blue Monday

Today really is a blue Monday for me. Not only is it rainy and ugly here in Houston today but we found out this weekend that Joey's company is closing. He has worked for this company since he was 16 years old. This was his first job and hes never worked any where else in the past 8 years. He worked his way up to becoming the manager of his store for the past couple of years and did a wonderful job.

Unfortunately the company as a whole has not been making a profit for sometime now and because they are a retail store that sells movies and video games people just arent able to spend what they used to. We've known this was going to happen for a little while now and just wasn't sure exactly when. They start liquidating his store on Wednesday and he will have about 6 more weeks of working there.  So pretty much right around the time of our wedding, he will not have a job.

This couldn't have came at the worst possible time as most if not all of our money is tied up in our wedding and honeymoon. Joey thought it would be best if we didn't go on our honeymoon but I convinced him that if we don't go now we will probably never be able to again or at least for not a long time. We will just not be able to do everything we wanted to do while we are there.

I know that we will get through this because we have gotten through so much in the last 7 years that we've been together. I am very lucky to have such a smart and amazing fiance who wants to provide for me and protect me no matter what. I know that this will bring new and better things for us. I just hope its sooner rather than later.

7 comments:

My Life in Purple said...

Oh Heather, I'm so sorry! I completely understand what you two are going through.

Your 'richer or poorer' might come a bit sooner than you'd expect, but just remember that your love for each other will get you through the hard times.

Much love.
xoxo

chelsea said...

That's so tough. I completely understand, as Mr. Smith was not working at the time of our wedding either.

I will say, though, the best times on our honeymoon were NOT when we were "doing things." It was when we were lounging around, just enjoying each other.

Valerie said...

I'm so sorry Heather!! You will get through it though...because you love each other.

Alissa said...

Oh Heather I'm sorry to hear this. I know things don't look too good right now, but things have a way of working out. Something will come along and you have each other to get through this.

Nicole-Lynn said...

So sorry to hear that! Put it all in God's hands and everything will work out just fine... it always does. Keep your head up and enjoy this special time in your life.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! Hang in there. I know things seem sad right now, but I'm sure good things are right around the corner.

wedding websites said...

Wedding planners are also known as wedding consultants and bridal consultant known. Community colleges offer diplomas and associate degrees in applied sciences for wedding and event planners.

Related Posts with Thumbnails